200hr YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
BEGINS JANUARY 2019
Would you like to:
- Immerse yourself in the teachings and practices of yoga?
- Build a transformative personal practice?
- Make positive life changes?
- Learn to share the teachings of yoga with others?
The yoga-in-depth 200hr teacher training provides a year long immersive introduction to the art and science of yoga. It is designed to give students an experiential understanding of the healing and transformational path of yoga.
This in-depth course of study offers:
A safe and sacred space in which personal transformation can occur. This happens both at the individual and community level. Each student will be given the tools to create (or refine and strengthen) their personal practice. When we come together as a learning community we will share reflections and offer support.
PLUS: Students will have a 90-min private session with Summer every quarter throughout the year.
A deep dive into the study of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras as well as an introduction to other ancient texts of yoga.
PLUS: Students will be registered for Summer’s online Yoga for Transformation philosophy course.
An extensive practicum experience. Students will be given ample time to practice, and observe others practicing, the individual tools of yoga. From the ground of this practice and observation, students will progressively develop and hone their own unique style of teaching.
PLUS: Students will have a pass to attend 2 group classes a month at the studio.
The year-long curriculum includes
Techniques, Training, and Practice:
- Students will have the opportunity to experience and understand the correlation of body, breath, senses, thoughts, emotions, behavior, habits, and belief systems through working with the tools of yoga.
- Drawing from the lineage of Viniyoga, this training will introduce students to a wide range of yoga tools including asana (posture), pranayama (breath), Dhyanam (meditation), chanting and mantra, mudra (hand gestures), ritual, and prayer.
- This course will cover the viniyoga science of sequencing which will allow students to competently and confidently design safe, integrated, and transformative practices.
- We will study and practice several aspects of teaching including clarity of language, voice quality, technique demonstration, adjusting, adapting, coaching, personal teaching styles, community building, intention, and theme (among others!).
- We will explore the art and science of guiding students in and out of postures with safety, bringing them into a deeper knowledge of their own bodies and providing them with an opportunity to be wholly present without judgment.
Anatomy and Physiology:
- We will work to understand functional and healthy movement patterns using the model of Anatomy Trains. The Anatomy Train model highlights how the body is functionally connected through the fascia rather than parsing out individual muscles.
- We will also study the energy systems of the body with a strong focus on respiratory physiology and the autonomic nervous system.
Philosophy, Ethics, and Lifestyle:
- Yoga practice encompasses so much more than what happens on a sticky mat. Every moment of life provides an opportunity for awareness and intention (practice!). Through our study of the philosophical texts of yoga we will explore what it means to lead a yogic life.
- Through the lens of the yamas and niyamas (the first 2 limbs of the 8-limb path of practice that relate to our behavior) we will explore what it means to be an ethical person and teacher of yoga.
- The best way to learn how to do something is to actually do it. The practicum will allow students time to observe teaching, to practice teaching each other, to offer and receive feedback, and finally to design and offer a 60-minute public class.
- The practicum also explores the business aspects of being a yoga teacher, including the creation of professional documents and class marketing.
- Integration and understanding come through exploration and practice. Students will have weekly and monthly assignments throughout the year to support the learning and assimilation of these deep teachings.
Weekend Intensives — 144 hours
We will spend one weekend a month together. The weekend schedule will be as follows:
Saturday 11am-2pm & 3-6pm
Teaching Observation — 24+ hours
Students will attend 2 group classes every month.
There will be various assignments accompanying these observations.
Additional Practicum Hours — 6+ hours
In addition to the practicum hours held during weekend intensives, students will teach a public class and attend at least 5 of their colleague’s public classes.
Private Sessions — 6 hours
Each quarter throughout the year students will have a 90-minute private session with Summer. These sessions are offered in support of the student’s personal practice.
Home Study — 100+ hours
Students should plan to spend 2-5 hours a week reading and completing assignments.
2019 Weekend Intensive Dates
The investment for this certification program is $3,500.
Full tuition is due by March 31, 2019. Payment plans are available.
The training will be held at Flow Motion Wellness Sanctuary in Ferndale, WA. This beautiful practice space is located in the Historic Carnation Building right along the Nooksack River.
1920 Main St #19, Ferndale, WA 98248
Interested in applying for the program?