November is here, which means it’s time for my favorite holiday–Thanksgiving! I love to cook and I love to eat and I love to share a meal with my friends and family. One of the traditions that my family always observes, and I imagine many of yours do as well, is going around the table and sharing something for which we are thankful. This year I thought I would make a list:
- I am thankful for the wonderful community that is Lafayette and West Lafayette. I have never lived in such a supportive, involved town.
- I am thankful for what Community Yoga has turned into. What started as a dreaming conversation between me and Amy Taylor at the end of last year has blossomed into a vibrant community of folks dedicated to the practice of yoga. I am thankful for the many people that helped me make this dream a reality.
- I am thankful for yoga! I am thankful for my teachers, Nikki and Marcia from CITYOGA and Gary from the American Viniyoga Institute. I am thankful for Patanjali, the sage who wrote down the Yoga Sutras thousands of years ago.
- I am thankful for the many ways, both small and profound, that this practice has changed me and transformed my life.
- I am thankful that I am lucky enough to share this amazingly practical and elegant tradition with people who are sincerely interested in personal transformation.