I know many of you have been waiting for this course and I’m so excited to finally have it ready for you! Registration is now open for the 2019 cohort. Sign up today. And remember, once you’re in, you’ll have lifetime access for continued study.
Yoga for Transformation
A course rooted in the transformative teachings of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
Let me ask you a few questions:
- Do you attend yoga classes? Where you move your body in interesting shapes for about an hour?
- Have you felt the benefit of yoga practice? In your body? Your mind? Your heart?
- Are you aware that there’s “more” to yoga than postures? Which means there’s potentially more benefit to be found?
I want to help you access the “more” of yoga. I want to share the deeper dimensions of yoga practice with you. I want to help you build on the benefits you’ve felt after a great class. I want to help you understand how to create and harness that benefit—that feeling of ease and clarity—in your everyday moments of life. I want to show you how to make yoga a life practice as opposed to a class you attend a few times a week. If this sounds appealing, I hope you’ll join me.
This course is right for you if:
- You desire practical tools to help you deal with your ever changing emotions and ever moving thoughts.
- You crave a grounding force that can help you deal with the anxiety, depression, anger, confusion, fear, attachments, etc., you experience in some form or another everyday.
- You hunger for more meaning in life—for a richer sense of your own spirituality (whether you ascribe to a particular religion or not).
- You want to be part of a community exploring meaningful questions together.
The practice of yoga has long offered students the potential for transformation. Yoga, known mostly as a practice of physical postures, is a vast array of tools and teachings. Yoga is a psychological philosophy and a spiritual science. But most importantly, yoga is deeply practical and accessible. Yoga provides tools for self-understanding that can be adapted to meet the needs of every individual. It offers tools to help us live in the complicated, stressful, too busy modern world.
Through the practice of svadhyaya (self-study) we will explore how the teachings of yoga philosophy and the tools of yoga practice can help us build awareness, build and harness energy, examine and transform habits, live with intention, deepen our spiritual life, and simply approach life from a more grounded, calm sense of clarity.
This is a deeply practical course. We won’t get lost in philosophy. We will use philosophy to more fully integrate the transformative teachings of yoga into our everyday lives, work, and relationships.
This course is focused on the 1st two chapters of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. But we will also touch on a few Upandishads and the Bhagavad Gita. Together we will ask and wrestle with big questions. Over the course of 12 modules we will explore:
- Questions of identity
- How the mind works
- What to do about the reality of suffering
- How to deal with tough emotions
- How to find refuge for our heart
- How to increase our discipline and transform habits
- How to design or refine your personal practice
A new module is released every month throughout the year.
Using the model of the Pancha Maya Koshas (the 5 sheaths of our being) and the 8-limbed path of practice, we explore the following themes:
- January | Who am I?
- February | Practice & Intention
- March | Suffering
- April | Relationship
- May | Body
- June | Prana 1 (Energy Systems)
- July | Prana 2 (Breath)
- August | Mind
- September | Personality
- October | Joy
- November | Scripture
- December | I am
Each module includes:
- Several teachings from the ancient texts of yoga (the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, a few key Upanishads, and the Bhagavad Gita),
- Guided practices that integrate the many tools of yoga (asana, pranayama, mantra, mudra, inquiry, guided meditation, ritual, and prayer) to help you digest and embody the teachings,
- Support and ideas for your personal practice,
- Full color, hand drawn art and journal pages for your continued self reflection,
- Recommended book lists with suggested readings for each session,
- Discussion boards for ongoing shared group reflection and questions,
- Monthly live, connection calls where we can speak directly with one another.
The ancient teachings of yoga are life changing. I’m not exaggerating when I make this statement. My life has been utterly transformed and I hear from past students on a regular basis how these teachings continue to be meaningful in their lives.
I look forward to exploring these teachings with you!
The financial investment is $300. Every student receives lifetime, 24/7 access to the online course. You can work at your own pace. And as the course grows, you’ll always get the new content.
Become part of the 2019 cohort. Register now.