Welcome to the Yoga Church Sunday Sermons
I write The Yoga Church Sunday Sermons in the hope of offering a weekly touchstone for your spiritual life.
There’s nothing fancy here, just a regular old weekly sermon.
But they’re delivered online (so you can stay in your pajamas if you want to!).
And they weave together teachings from the east and west.
These sermons don’t give you hard and fast answers. Instead they offer you new ways to think about the biggest questions in life.
These sermons are intended to inspire and challenge you. They’re intended to nourish your spirit and help you build practices that support the action of living with intention, meaning, and mystery.
These sermons rely on such ancient texts as the the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, the Bhagavad Gita, the Upanishads, and the Hebrew and Christian Bible. They follow the Celtic Wheel of the Year and foster the Quaker traditions of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, and equality.
Above all else, they preach Light and Love.
They wrestle with big questions like:
- Who am I?
- How do I live a changed life in the regular world?
- How does my understanding of words affect my actions?
- What does it mean to believe in God without knowing what God is?
- How can I be religious when religion is responsible for so much pain and violence?
- How do I pray if I don’t know “who” I’m praying to?
- How do I mark important milestones in my life?
- How do I deal with difficult emotions and negative thinking patterns?
- How do I work for a more peaceful world?
I see a world full of spiritually hungry people. People for whom traditional forms of church can’t or don’t feed their hunger. I see a world full of people hungry for spiritual practices and traditions that nourish rather than stress the soul, allow for vulnerability, and foster a love of spirit and body. The Yoga Church Sunday Sermons seek to help feed this hunger.
Sign up to join our community of spiritual seekers!
These sermons help us build online community, but face-to-face interaction is crucial! I’ve already reserved time and space for us to come together in person. I hope you’ll join us for The Yoga Church Annual Retreat happening July 7-11, 2019 on beautiful Bainbridge Island.