Sign up for the Yoga Church Sunday Sermons
Through the Yoga Church we’re working to connect more deeply with the Mystery we call God. And through this connection we’re learning to love ourselves, each other, and the world better.
The Yoga Church Sunday Sermons offer a weekly touchstone for your spiritual life.
They won’t give you hard and fast answers. Instead they’ll offer you new ways to think about the biggest questions in life.
They’ll inspire and challenge you.
They’ll nourish your spirit and help you build practices that support the action of living with intention, meaning, and mystery.
The Yoga Church Sunday Sermons weave together teachings from the east and west:
- They rely on such ancient texts as the the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, the Bhagavad Gita, the Upanishads, and the Hebrew and Christian Bible.
- They follow the Celtic Wheel of the Year, connecting us with the rhythm and spirit of earth.
- They foster the Quaker traditions of simplicity, peace, integrity, community, and equality.
Above all else, they preach Light and Love.
They help us wrestle with big questions like:
- Who am I?
- How do I live a changed life in the regular world?
- How does my understanding of words affect my actions?
- What does it mean to believe in God without knowing what God is?
- How can I be religious when religion is responsible for so much pain and violence?
- How do I pray if I don’t know “who” I’m praying to?
- How do I mark important milestones in my life?
- How do I deal with difficult emotions and negative thinking patterns?
- How do I work for a more peaceful world?
The world is full of spiritually hungry people. People for whom traditional forms of church can’t or don’t feed their hunger. The world is full of people hungry for spiritual practices and traditions that nourish rather than stress the soul, allow for vulnerability, and foster a love of spirit and body. The Yoga Church Sunday Sermons seek to help feed this hunger.