Welcome to the Yoga Church Sunday Sermons
LAUNCHING IN SEPTEMBER! Sign up today and you won’t miss a single week.
These sermons are not dogmatic and they don’t ask you to believe anything. They do ask you to engage in the hard work of becoming a better person. We become who we practice becoming. I write these sermons with the goal of helping you practice awareness, courage, and reverence.
These sermons are intended to inspire and challenge you. They are intended to nourish your spirit and help you build practices that support the action of living with intention, meaning, and mystery.
The Yoga Church Sunday Sermons weave together teachings from the East and West. They rely on such ancient texts as the the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, the Bhagavad Gita, the Upanishads, the Hebrew and Christian Bible, as well as the Quaker traditions of peace and simplicity.
They wrestle with big questions like:
- Who am I?
- What does it mean to believe in God without knowing what God is?
- How do I live a changed life in the regular world?
- How does my understanding of words affect my actions?
- How do I pray if I don’t know “who” I’m praying to?
- How do I mark important milestones in my life?
- How do I deal with difficult emotions and negative thinking patterns?
- How do I work for a more peaceful world?
I write these sermons because I see a world full of spiritually hungry people. People for whom traditional forms of church can’t or don’t feed their hunger. I see a world full of people hungry for spiritual practices and traditions that nourish rather than stress the soul, allow for vulnerability, and foster a love of spirit and body. The Yoga Church Sunday Sermons seek to help feed this hunger.